OK, this post is really about the WutangCurse relief package intended to aid folks whose jobs have gone up in smoke, jobs about to be lost, small businesses suffering, and about to be pitchforked.
But first, dear reader, let’s take a little quiz. Is the following election practice legal in the United States?
1. Can a “voter” register the same day as an election?
2. Can that same voter immediately fill out a mail-in or absentee ballot?
3. Can that same voter give the filled in ballot to another person for delivery to the polling point?
4. Does that delivery person have any limitations as to how many ballots they can collect from voters?
5. Does the delivery person have to have any authorization from the voter to deliver his/her ballot?
6. Can that delivery person be paid for his/her service?