Do you want to take a ride into outer space? Well, do you?
If you do and you have a bit of ready cash you can hitch a ride on either Blue Origin’s (Jeff Bezos) or SpaceX’s (Elon Musk) rocket and escape the surly bonds of gravity for a few minutes. Today, we talk Blue Origin’s book.
You can put yourself into outer space in less than two months. Hello, America! Here’s how, amigos.
Blue Origin is auctioning off a passenger ticket. [No, Expedia and Priceline are not involved.]
1. The auction started on 5 May 2021 and ends at 1:00 PM EDT on 12 June.
2. There will be a live auction on 12 June to cut the final deal.
3. Thus far, there have been more than 5,200 bidders.
4. The current leading bid is $2,600,000.
5. The launch date is 20 July 2021.
The journey will have flight attendants and will last all of eleven minutes at an altitude above 100,000 kilometers which is considered the beginning threshold of “outer space.”
Like everything involved with aviation, I would be focused on takeoff and landing. But, hey, that’s just me.