Big Red Car here on a serious note — the probability of making a workable deal with Iran to eliminate their relentless march to a nuclear bomb is zero.
The Obama administration is apoplectic about this fool’s errand and has now denuded themselves before the Iranians giving evidence of willingness to make any deal, literally, any deal to prevent themselves from being exposed as the boobs they are. [If you are confused as to the Big Red Car’s intentions — he thinks the Obama administration could not make a deal on their best day. They are way over their heads.]
Let’s review a few things first.
1. The Iranians are en route to a nuclear bomb. They are enriching uranium to levels of concentration that are beyond civilian uses of nuclear material. They can buy all the nuclear reactor fuel rods they could ever need on the open market and the US has offered to swap nuclear fuel rods for their stockpile in order to save them some time. The Iranians have demurred. What does that tell you about their intentions?
2. The Iranians are the largest exporters of state sponsored terror — Hamas, Hezbollah, the Quds, Gaza, the Houthis in Yemen, Lebanon, Iraq. Anywhere there is some mischief, there are the Iranians.
The Iranians killed and maimed many Americans with the development, production and export of copper flux shaped charges in Iraq. Iranian fingerprints are bloody fingerprints.
3. Iran continues to be controlled by Ayatollahs while feigning civilian control of their government. This is a country controlled by religious zealots.
4. We allowed the sanctions to be lifted just when that shoe was beginning to pinch. The Iranians now have no real incentive to cooperate with the US other than to please President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry. That is not the high hurdles for Iran. They do not fear President Obama and they don’t get James Taylor.
5. The Iranians do not believe that military intervention by the United States is a credible threat given recent American actions including the double secret twisted finger Red Line in Syria.
6. The Obama administration is so desperate to make a deal they are plotting to avoid submitting it to the Senate for affirmation. They don’t think they can it approved. Why? Because it will be a toothless treaty. What President negotiates a treaty and then dumps on the Constitutional obligation to seek and obtain Senate approval? Not a constitutional scholar, say you, Big Red Car.
7. The Obama administration has already begun to float trial balloons suggesting the world can live with a nuclear armed Iran and that while they may not agree to cease their bombmaking enrichment program, they will behave well after they have the bomb. All the bluster about destroying Israel will conveniently be marked up to talking smack. This will not provide much comfort to Israel who right now is in the White House’s dog house anyway.
There is a more basic problem here — Taqiyya
Taqiyya is an idea enshrined in Islam that a follower can lie to anyone about anything in the name of furthering the cause of Allah. A very nebulous standard.
It is found in the Qur’an (Koran) and it is a driver of their dealings in everything. The Iranians are simply employing the principle of taqiyya — they are lying to further their sense of Islam and Allah.
A dab of info from the Qur’an itself is insightful as to the likelihood that the Iranians would live up to their agreement even if one were made.
“By Allah, and Allah willing, if I take an oath and later find something else better than that. Then I do what is better and expiate my oath.”
This would likely not make the first cut to be written in the Bible but then they have entirely different views of the world.
Read about it here. This is a very insightful article and will make the little hairs on the back of your head stand up.
This problem is not going to disappear
The Iranians are NOT going to agree to a deal that even remotely impacts their ability to continue to enrich uranium and march relentlessly to a nuclear bomb.
Like every despot, when in possession of toys of war, they ultimately use them. Give old peaceful Saddam Hussein 5,000 tanks and he uses them against Iran and Kuwait. Had he never had 5,000 tanks would the world not have been a better place?
The Israelis cannot throw the dice that things will work out just fine with the Iranians. They are not directly involved in the negotiations with the Iranians and the Israelis now have ample reason to distrust the Obama administration. Prime Minister Netanyahu comes into town and can’t even get a cup of coffee with the President or the Secretary of State? Come on, fellas!
The Iranians will not agree to anything useful. They will make clucking noises and they will make pronouncements but the centrifuges will keep on spinning.
The Obama administration will ask for more time and will try to browbeat the Senate into not enacting even contingent sanctions against Iran. They will use the threat of war. The administration will threaten the US Senate while giving the hairy backed Iranians a full body massage. Maybe a French kiss with more than a bit of swirling tongue. If this makes you want to puke, welcome to the sickening reality of it all.
The Israelis will ultimately be forced to take unilateral action and the world will spin ever closer to world war.
The Obama administration will blame it — and male pattern baldness — on the Republicans.
They will tell the Iranians: “If you like your nuclear weapons, you can keep your nuclear weapons. Period.”
Please tell me this scenario is wrong. Do not send the Easter Bunny to tell me. I don’t believe him any more. I used to but then all this shit happened.