Big Red Car here. Another lovely, cool morning in the ATX. Ahhh, on Earth as it is in Texas!
The tragedy in Chattanooga wherein another crazy Muslim person killed some innocent victims has spawned a lively discussion as to what to do.
In case you have been living in a cave, the story goes like this: Muslim crazy person, who wants to become a martyr, gets his wish while killing five — four Marines and a sailor.
The Marines and the sailor were unarmed and engaged in recruiting duty.
So what do we do, Big Red Car? How does the Pentagon react to this?
The Secretary of Defense orders recruiters to wear civilian clothes
The Secretary of Defense, Ash Carter, has approved an order directing Marine recruiters to stop wearing their uniforms while engaged in recruiting duty.
You read that correctly — the formal reaction to an attack on uniformed Marines engaged in executing their duty is to put them in civilian clothes in order not to attract any undue attention.
This takes some special kind of stupid that apparently can only be cooked up at the Secretary level.
You can’t make this stuff up, y’all. There it is.
An alternative approach
The Big Red Car suggests an alternative approach. It is very simple.
1. First, let’s take down all the signs that declare recruiting stations as “gun free zones.” Instead, let’s put up a sign that says: “Beware Marines are trained in the use of deadly force and these particular Marines are armed and dangerous. Proceed at your own peril, Muslim shitheads. And, have a nice damn day.”
2. Second, let’s arm our recruiters. Hey, they’re freakin’ Marines. Who are we going to trust with guns more than the freakin’ Marine Corps? That’s what they do, y’all!
3. Third, let’s make it clear that the Marines will defend themselves wherever and whenever they are attacked — kind of like the Marine Corps hymn. You know “…from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli…”.
4. Fourth, let’s stop pissing on our collective legs and complaining about the rain. We are at war with radical Islam and they are at war with us. Let’s just call it what it is and act accordingly. Let’s get in a war time frame of mind and stop misleading ourselves about “lone gunmen.” Let’s act like adults with average reading comprehension and pattern recognition powers.
5. Last, let’s say what we need to say — The job of the United States Marine Corps is to move to the sound of the guns, sort out the problem, kill the shitheads and bring peace to the world. That is the core mission of the Corps.
Move to the sound of the guns
Marines can take care of their own. They have since 10 November 1775. Let them take care of their own now. Arm them. Semper Fi!
Let them move to the sound of the guns and let’s all get out of the way.